Inquiry into Expanding Melbourne's Free Tram Zone
Terms of Reference
On 5 June 2019, the Legislative Council agreed to the following motion:
That this House requires the Economy and Infrastructure Committee to inquire into, consider and report, within 12 months, on Melbourne’s public transport, in particular —
(1) the expansion of the free tram system to include —
(a) Wellington Parade to Powlett Street, East Melbourne;
(b) Swanston Street to Elgin Street, Carlton;
(c) Royal Parade to College Crescent, Carlton;
(d) Flemington Road to Abbotsford Street, North Melbourne;
(e) St Kilda Road to Commercial Road, Prahran;
(2) providing free fares for all full time students;
(3) removing fares for all Seniors Card holders;
(4) new technologies that enable intelligent transport systems that improve the performance of the networks; and
(5) the effects and benefits of dynamic public transport pricing.
* The reporting date for this inquiry has been changed to 1 December 2020.