Legislative Council Standing Orders - Chapter 18
CHAPTER 18 - MESSAGES FROM AND ADDRESSES TO THE GOVERNOR
A Message signed by the Governor will be read to the Council by the President at the earliest opportunity and, if necessary, a day will be fixed for taking the same into consideration.
(1) Addresses to the Governor may be presented by the whole Council, by the President, or by such Members as the Council may name for that purpose.
(2) When an Address is ordered to be presented by the whole Council the President will read the Address to the Governor, accompanied by the Members who moved and seconded such Address.
(3) Unless otherwise ordered by the Council, all Addresses to the Governor will be forwarded by the Clerk of the Council.
(1) The Governor's answer to any Address presented by the Council will be reported to the Council by the President.
(2) The Governor's answer to any Address presented otherwise than by the President will be reported to the Council by the Member or one of the Members presenting the same.
- Last Updated: Monday, 31 January 2011 15:01