Terms of Reference
- Created: Tuesday, 06 October 2009 16:43
- Last Updated: Monday, 18 October 2010 09:40
On the 1st March 2000, the Economic Development Committee received a Reference by resolution of the Legislative Council, to inquire into, consider and report on the incidence of youth unemployment in Victoria and options for promoting employment growth over the coming decade. The Terms of Reference included a particular emphasis on:
- youth unemployment frequency in metropolitan, outer growth, regional and rural areas
- youth employment needs in Victoria
- the role of State and Local Governments in helping generate employment opportunities for young people
- innovative initiatives implemented in other jurisdictions to address youth unemployment and the effectiveness of such initiatives
- social, economic and industrial matters specific to unemployed young people
- differing incidence of unemployment amongst male and female young people
- unemployment in migrant, Aboriginal and non-English speaking background communities.
The Committee was required to table a report in Parliament by the 31st December 2001.
The Legislative Council subsequently resolved to extend the reporting date to 31st December 2002.