Inquiry into Education, Training and Communications Initiatives of Victorian Oversight Agencies
Terms of Reference
Self-referenced by the Committee on 6 June 2016:
That the Accountability and Oversight Committee inquire into, consider and report, no later than 31 December 2017, on the following inquiry reference:
Review the effectiveness of education, training and communication initiatives by the Victorian Freedom of Information Commissioner, Ombudsman and Victorian Inspectorate, with particular regard to –
- What current education and training initiatives exist, how are they measured and how effective are they?
- How well are the roles, powers and processes of these bodies understood by the Victorian public?
- How well are the functions of these bodies and the processes they enforce, understood and complied with by Government agencies?
- How do the education and communication initiatives of these entities compare to comparable entities in other Australian and international jurisdictions?
- Is there a need to strengthen the education and training functions for each of these bodies through legislation or other means?