- Daily Calendar
- How a Law is Made
- The Parliamentary System
- The Parliament Organisation
- The Parliament Building
- People in ParliamentPeople in Parliament
- International Relations
- Historical Information
- On This Day
- Parliamentary Internship Program
- Parliamentary Library Fellowship
RE-MEMBER (FORMER MEMBERS)
- 26 April 1842 (Omagh, County Tyrone)
- 19 February 1913
Religion: Church of England?
Marital Status: c1866 Britain, Rosa McCarter; 3s. 1d.
- Omagh Academy and private medical school Dublin; Member of the Royal College of Surgeons England 1863
Arrived Hobson's Bay 1864 as surgeon Great Australian; briefly to NZ; on return practised near Berwick; to Britain c1866 and qualified Licentiate of the Royal College of Physicians Edinburgh; returned Melbourne 1869; surgeon Ararat Hospital; private practice Port Fairy, Sydney and Hamilton; travelled overseas, returning 1886; settled Warrnambool, where he established first private hospital; retired to Lilydale 1911.
Medical practitionerMayor Belfast borough 1874-1875; Warrnambool town councillor 1891-1893.
|Legislative Assembly||Villiers and Heytesbury||1 May 1892||1 June 1896|
*The Start date for Members elected after 1900 is the date they were elected. The start date for pre-1900 Members is the date they were sworn in.
- Inaugural Speech
- Royal commission State banking 1894
Last updated: 20th November 2018