- Daily Calendar
- How a Law is Made
- The Parliamentary System
- The Parliament Organisation
- The Parliament Building
- People in ParliamentPeople in Parliament
- International Relations
- Historical Information
- Parliamentary Internship Program
- Parliamentary Library Fellowship
- Former Members Association
RE-MEMBER (FORMER MEMBERS)
Sir John Madden
- 16 May 1844 (Cloyne, County Cork, Ireland)
- 10 March 1918
- John, solicitor, and Margaret Macoboy
Marital Status: 1872 Caulfield, Gertrude Frances Stephen; 1s. 6d.
- London and France and after arrived Melbourne 1857 at St Patrick's College and Melbourne University; BA 1864, LL.B., first to gain LL.D. Melbourne 1869
Called to Bar 1865; began legal practice with Edward Holroyd as senior partner. Chief justice 1893-1918; lieutenant-governor; vice-chancellor Melbourne University 1889-1897; chancellor 1897-1918. .
|Legislative Assembly||West Bourke||1 May 1874||1 October 1875|
|Legislative Assembly||Sandridge||1 August 1876||1 February 1883||By-election|
*The Start date for Members elected after 1900 is the date they were elected. The start date for pre-1900 Members is the date they were sworn in.
- Ruth Campbell, 'Madden, Sir John (1844â€“1918)', Australian Dictionary of Biography, National Centre of Biography, Australian National University, http://adb.anu.edu.au/biography/madden-sir-john-7453/text12981, published first in hardcopy 1986, accessed online 16 May 2019.
- KB 1893, KCMG 1899, GCMG 1906
Last updated: 16th May 2019