- Daily Calendar
- How a Law is Made
- The Parliamentary System
- The Parliament Organisation
- The Parliament Building
- People in ParliamentPeople in Parliament
- International Relations
- Historical Information
- On This Day
- Parliamentary Internship Program
- Parliamentary Library Fellowship
RE-MEMBER (FORMER MEMBERS)
Hon Stuart Richard McDonald (AM)
- 18 April 1928 (Rochester, Victoria)
- 20 December 2017
- Angus, farmer
- Barbara Sanders; 1s. 2d.
- Farmer and grazier
- Melbourne University, MSc.
- CSIRO research officer; tutor, Trinity College, Melbourne University; from 1953 farmer and grazier Timmering East near Rochester, cereals, beef, pasture seed; active Australian Primary Producers Union; member Victorian Farmers Union, Aust. Farm Management Society, Vic. Irrigation Research Organisation; member Monash University Council 1967-77, Victorian Institute of Secondary Education 1977-79; after parl. consultant to Shepparton Preserving Company Board; treasurer local Presbyterian church; Chairman, Rural Finance Corporation 1990-2002.
- Country Party
- Party Note
- National President Timmering East Branch, Vice President Rodney district council, Legislative Council deputy leader 1973-1976, Legislative Council leader 1976-79, central councillor and president state branch 1980- . State President National Party 1982-86
|Legislative Council||Northern||29 April 1967||4 May 1979|
*The Start date for Members elected after 1900 is the date they were elected. The start date for pre-1900 Members is the date they were sworn in.
- Inaugural Speech
- Other seats contested
- Bendigo (Legislative Council) 1979
- Meat Industry committee 1967-76. Royal Botanic Gardens committee 1968-69. House committee 1970-79. Qualifications committee 1973-74. Standing Orders committee 1973-79 Company Takeovers committee 1976-79. Public Works committee 1978-79.
- Who's Who in Australia 1968-1977; Countryman 1 Feb 1967; Shepparton News 17 Apr 1967; Bendigo Advertiser 2 May 1979; Northern Times 14 Mar 1980
- Initial Data Source
- Browne, G, 'Biographical Register of the Victorian Parliament 1900-84', 1985
Last updated: 15th February 2018