- Daily Calendar
- How a Law is Made
- The Parliamentary System
- The Parliament Organisation
- The Parliament Building
- People in ParliamentPeople in Parliament
- International Relations
- Historical Information
- On This Day
- Parliamentary Internship Program
- Parliamentary Library Fellowship
RE-MEMBER (FORMER MEMBERS)
Roderick Alexander Mackenzie
- Alexander, storekeeper, and Lillian Williams
Marital Status: 8 June 1957 Betty Jackson; 1s. 2d.
- Geelong South, Geelong West, Belmont and Forrest State Schools., Geelong High School, Gordon Institute of Technology
Plumber; plumbing inspector Geelong Water and Sewerage Trust; architectural plumbing designer; technical officer C'wealth Department of Science; plumbing consultant 1974-1979; Royal Australian Air Force National Service 1954; member Aust. Antarctic expeditions 1966,1967, 1968, 1973, 1974; youth club leader Belmont and Highton 24 years; Geelong Jaycee of the year 1967; before parl. president Matthew Flinders Girls' High School Parents and Citizens, Geelong Movement against Uranium mining; member Geelong Environment Council, Aust.-China Society, Aust. Conservation Foundation, Royal A'asian Ornithologists Union; bailiff of Crown Lands; active local sportsman. Awarded Order of Australia Medal 1999, Queen's Birthday Awards, for Services to the Geelong community. Member, HESSE Health Board. Life Member, Voluntary Euthanasia Society, Inverleigh Golf Club. Committee Member, Relatives Against the Intake of Narcotics (RAIN). Australia Antarctic Research Expeditioners Club. Geelong Highland Gathering Chieftain. Committee Member, Order of Australia Assoc.
Plumber, plumbing inspector, technical officer and plumbing consultant
- Australian Labor Party
Geelong Community Alliance
|Legislative Council||Geelong||5 May 1979||2 October 1992||Defeated|
*The Start date for Members elected after 1900 is the date they were elected. The start date for pre-1900 Members is the date they were sworn in.
- Inaugural Speech
- Other seats contested
- Geelong 1976
- President, Legislative Council 1985-88. Minister of Soldier Settlement Apr-Dec 1982. Minister of Forests and Minister of Lands 1982-83. Minister of Conservation, Forests and Lands 1983-85. Company Takeovers and State Development committees 1979-1982. Social Development Cttee 1991. House Cttee 1985-1987. Library Cttee 1985-1988 (Chairman). Legislative Council Standing Orders Cttee, 1985-1988. Legislative Council Printing Cttee, 1985-1988.
Last updated: 20th November 2018