- Daily Calendar
- How a Law is Made
- The Parliamentary System
- The Parliament Organisation
- The Parliament Building
- People in ParliamentPeople in Parliament
- International Relations
- Historical Information
- On This Day
- Parliamentary Internship Program
- Parliamentary Library Fellowship
- Former Members Association
RE-MEMBER (FORMER MEMBERS)
David John Lea
- 04 July 1935 (Stourbridge, Worcestershire, England, England)
- 17 January 2021
- Sidney Lea, Managing Director and Winifred (Greaves) Secretary. Arrived in Melbourne from Birmingham England 1948.
Religion: Church of England
Marital Status: (1) Margaret Hooper 1967-1975 1s, 1d. (2) Tanya Scott 1978-2013 (Dec.) (3) Mary Kane 2014-
- Solihull Grammar School, England 1946-48. Melbourne High School 1949-1952. BA 1957, DipEd 1958, BEd 1966 (The University of Melbourne.) M.Ed 1990 (The University of Melbourne). Sport involvement: Captain, Melbourne University soccer team 1956-59, University Blue soccer 1957, Member Australian Universities soccer team 1957.
Head, Dept. of English technical schools 1959-69. English examiner, technical schools 1966-67. Vice principal, technical schools 1970-74. Visiting lecturer education, Hawthorn IAE and University of Melbourne 1978-82. Principal, technical schools and TAFE colleges 1975-85. Principal, Secondary Schools 1992. Member: Aust. Institute of Company Directors; Australian College of Education and Commonwealth Council of Education Administration; Fellow, Aust. Institute of Management; Life Member, Old Silhillians England; Life Member, Melbourne High School Old Boys; Life Member, Melbourne Graduate Untion; Life Member, Old Mentonians Cricket Club.
Principal, Technical Schools and TAFE Colleges.
- Liberal Party
|Legislative Assembly||Sandringham||2 March 1985||2 October 1992||Resigned after being preselected for 1992 election.|
*The Start date for Members elected after 1900 is the date they were elected. The start date for pre-1900 Members is the date they were sworn in.
- Parliamentary representative, La Trobe University Council 1985-87
Chairman, La Trobe University Welfare Cttee 1986-87
Member, Legal and Constitutional Cttee 1985-92
Parliamentary Representative, Vic
Curriculum and Assessment Board 1989-92
References: Victorian Parliamentary Handbook.
Data Source: Victorian Parliamentary Handbook, 51st Parliament
Last updated: 19th January 2021