- Daily Calendar
- How a Law is Made
- The Parliamentary System
- The Parliament Organisation
- The Parliament Building
- People in ParliamentPeople in Parliament
- International Relations
- Historical Information
- On This Day
- Parliamentary Internship Program
- Parliamentary Library Fellowship
RE-MEMBER (FORMER MEMBERS)
William Archibald Borthwick
- 20 November 1924 (Murrayville, Victoria)
- 31 July 2001
- Archibald, storekeeper and postmaster, and Ruth Eliza Eagle
- (1) 22 July 1948 Dorothy Alice Hackett; 2s.; (2) 11 June 1971 Margaret Cameron Manders; 1s.
- Bank officer and insurance representative
- Church of England
- Cowangie and Walpeup State Schools, Ballarat Grammar School
- WWII Royal Australian Air Force, England, Italy, Yugoslavia, fighter pilot; lived Dandenong Ranges from 1945; bank officer State Savings Bank of Vic. 1940-1957; insurance representative 1957-1960; secretary Ferntree Gully and District Tennis Association 1955-1957; co-founder Upper Ferntree Gully Boy Scout Troop; board member and honorary Treasurer William Angliss Hospital six years, member Ferntree Gully Technical School and Upwey High School CIs; life member Upper Ferntree Gully Rural Fire Brigade and 1812 Theatre, Ferntree Gully; patron Dandenong Ranges Music Council; honorary secretary Upper Ferntree Gully Pre-School Association; freeman Shire of Lilydale; serving brother St John of Jerusalem; MCG trustee; A-grade tennis player and local footballer; keen trout fisherman.
- Liberal and Country Party
- Party Note
- Deputy leader 1981-1982
|Legislative Assembly||Scoresby||17 September 1960||(b/e)||28 April 1967|
|Legislative Assembly||Monbulk||29 April 1967||2 April 1982||Defeated|
*The Start date for Members elected after 1900 is the date they were elected. The start date for pre-1900 Members is the date they were sworn in.
- Inaugural Speech
- Minister of Water Supply May 1967-June 1970, Minister of Lands, of Soldier Settlement, and for Conservation June 1970-May 1979, Minister of Health May 1979-Apr 1982, Deputy Premier June 1981-Apr 1982. Printing committee 1961-1964 Statute Law Revision committee 1964-1967.
- Who's Who in Australia 1962-1980; Victorian Parliamentary Handbook; Eric White Associates Ltd, 'Victorian State Parliamentary and Civic Guide', Melbourne, 1960-74; 'Notable Australians', Melbourne, 1978; SNP 19 Sept 1960, 8 Apr 1982; Age 29 May 1981; Aust
- Initial Data Source
- Browne, G, 'Biographical Register of the Victorian Parliament 1900-84', 1985
Last updated: 16th May 2016