SUB MAIN MENU
- Daily Calendar
- How a Law is Made
- The Parliamentary System
- The Parliament Organisation
- The Parliament Building
- People in ParliamentPeople in Parliament
- International Relations
- Historical Information
- On This Day
- Parliamentary Internship Program
- Parliamentary Library Fellowship
- Former Members Association
RE-MEMBER (FORMER MEMBERS)
Bruce Anthony Chamberlain
- 09 August 1939 (Brighton, Victoria, Australia)
- 01 October 2005
- Peter Henry, railways paymaster, and Eileen Haddad
Marital Status: 6 Feb 1965 (Mary) Paula Swan; 2s 2d.
- De La Salle College, Malvern; College Captain 1957; Melbourne University, BA, LLB.
Partner Melville Orion & Lewis, solicitors, Hamilton 1965, later consultant; farming interests Hamilton; chairman Glenelg Regional Library Service 1970-88; member Portland Development committee 1971-1973, Melbourne University Council 1979-82 , Aust.-Asian Association, Aust. Institute of Judicial Admin. Victorian Parliamentary Branch Amnesty International. Joint President, Victorian Branch of the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association; Deputy Chairman of the Victorian Chapter, Australasian Study of Parliament GroupHamilton city councillor 1969-1973.
- Liberal Party
|Legislative Assembly||Dundas||19 May 1973||19 March 1976||Seat abolished|
|Legislative Council||Western||20 March 1976||29 November 2002||Retired|
*The Start date for Members elected after 1900 is the date they were elected. The start date for pre-1900 Members is the date they were sworn in.
References: Who's Who in Australia; Victorian Parliamentary Handbook; 'Notable Australians', Melbourne, 1978; personal information.
Data Source: Browne, G, 'Biographical Register of the Victorian Parliament 1900-84', 1985
- AM; Awarded (posthumously) the Redmond Barry Award, 2007. Awarded Order of Australia medal on Australia Day, 2005.
Last updated: 24th April 2019