- Created: Thursday, 06 July 2017 00:58
- Last Updated: Wednesday, 05 September 2018 10:33
The Government is required to respond within six months of the final report being tabled. Once the response is received, it will be available for download here.
Submissions for this inquiry have closed. For further information, please contact the Committee Secretariat.
The following submissions have been accepted by the Committee:
2. Dorothy Long1.13 MB
3. Kate Doherty1.17 MB
4. Tamar Hopkins995.79 KB5. Confidential
7. Felicity Caulfield83.19 KB
12. Allen Tong1.78 MB
13.Vanessa Born1.09 MB
15. Kenneth McLeod
17. Jordan Brown5.02 MB
18. Centre for Multicultural Youth139.37 KB
19. Victoria Legal Aid
19A. Victoria Legal Aid_supplementary1.4 MB
20. Flemington Kensington Community Legal Centre joint submission1.67 MB
27. Andrew Tink699.20 KB
28. The Police Assocation Victoriaf3.81 MB
29.Harm Reduction Victoria2.19 MB
30. Loddon Campaspe Community Legal Centre and Goulburn Valley Community Legal Centre1.32 MB
32. Associate Professor Leanne Weber and Professor Jude McCulloch1.2 MB
32A. Associate Professor Leanne Weber and Professor Jude McCulloch_supplementary1.46 MB
34. Victoria Inspectorate1.39 MB
35.International Commission of Jurists1.61 MB
36. St Kilda Legal Service1.64 MB
37. Aboriginal Family Violence Prevention and Legal Service Victoria727.41 KB
39. Youthlaw1.02 MB
40. Remedy Australia1.24 MB
41. Law Institute Victoria1.22 MB
42. Police Accountability Project1.28 MB
43.Fitzroy Legal Service432.44 KB
44. Robinson Gill Lawyers1.55 MB
44A. Robinson Gill Lawyers_supplementary1.83 MB
45. Springvale Monash Legal Service Inc.1.59 MB
46.Victorian Aboriginal Legal Service1.81 MB
47.Accountability Roundtable1.25 MB
49. FKCLC Police Accountability and Human Rights Clinic1.89 MB
52. Victoria Police4.41 MB
Self-referenced by the Committee on 19 June 2017:
That, under s 33 of the Parliamentary Committees Act 2003, the Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission Committee inquire into, consider and report, no later than 30 June 2018, on the external oversight and investigation of police corruption and misconduct in Victoria.
Specifically, the Committee is required to
The Committee’s Inquiry will include not only the oversight of police officers but also protective services officers.
Under s 12A of the Parliamentary Committees Act 2003 (Vic), the Committee does not have the power to consider individual complaints against police. These complaints should be directed to IBAC or Victoria Police.
Improving access to TAFE for learners with disability
Landmark report from Legislative Assembly Economy and Infrastructure Committee makes 44 recommendations.
Our living library
From gentleman's club to digital detectives, our Parliamentary Library turns 170. Read more