Last Updated: Friday, 26 November 2010 15:46
The following organisations provided submissions to the Committee for the Inquiry.
Berry Street Victoria 962 Kb
Submissions are listed in alphabetical order.
State Government of Victoria 101 Kb
Report and Government Response
Last Updated: Friday, 31 October 2014 14:55
The Final Report was tabled on Tuesday 19th August 2008.
Please contact the Committee office if you would like to receive a hard copy of the report.
The Government Response to the report was tabled on 26 February 2009.
Terms of Reference
Last Updated: Monday, 05 October 2009 19:41
To the Family and Community Development Committee for inquiry, consideration and report no later than 1 March 2008 on the involvement of small and medium size businesses in corporate social responsibility and, in conducting the inquiry, the Committee is to:
- investigate current Australian initiatives where small and medium size businesses have developed innovative ways of working with governments and community groups to support communities;
- examine the international context and emerging trends with overseas initiatives relevant to corporate social responsibility amongst small and medium size businesses aimed at tackling social disadvantage;
- investigate how small and medium size businesses could play a role in tackling disadvantage in local communities and making communities stronger, particularly how they can partner with government and community groups to work in the areas of most need;
- determine the barriers and the drivers for small and medium sized businesses to become involved in social responsibility initiatives and options for addressing those barriers and increasing the drivers;
- examine the barriers to sustainability of business and corporate social responsibility initiatives for small and medium sized businesses.