2013-14 Budget Briefing Breakfast Seminar
- Created: Monday, 14 May 2012 15:00
- Last Updated: Thursday, 03 April 2014 10:11
The Public Accounts and Estimates Committee, in conjunction with the Department of Treasury and Finance, will hold its annual Budget Briefing Breakfast Seminar on Thursday 9 May 2013.
Mr Grant Hehir, Secretary, and Ms Melissa Skilbeck, Deputy Secretary, Budget and Finance, Department of Treasury and Finance, spoke about the key features of the 2013-14 Budget, including:
- the Budget's assessment of where Victoria currently sits in terms of its economic standing and the immediate challenges facing the Budget;
- progress on the medium-term fiscal strategy and any changes to the Government's fiscal strategy or economic reform strategy since last year;
- an outline of any changes to the themes and strategic priorities underpinning the Budget and how those changes are reflected in funding allocations to departments;
- the quantum and composition of estimated Commonwealth funding to Victoria compared with the previous year and where the projected expenditure is presented in the Budget;
- projections for net debt and NFPS liabilities and the budget strategies to address these issues;
- any innovative features of the infrastructure program such as new funding strategies and any significant changes to the planned nature and level of private sector involvement; and
- any changes to the structure of budget papers and the presentation of content to improve transparency and assist MPs and the community to comprehend technical and complex material.
The presentation can be found here 397.30 Kb .