Royal Commission on Police : general report on the present state and organization of the police force
"Presented to both Houses of Parliament by His Excellency's command"
Commission: Francis Longmore (chairman), William Anderson, Edward J. Dixon, George Randall Fincham, James Gibb, James Howlin Graves, George Wilson Hall, George Collins Levey and William McCulloch
Other mentions: Ballarat City Council xxiii, Ballarat East Council xxv, Beechworth xxv, Bendigo (given as Sandhurst) xvi, sr. const. [Patrick] Bourke xxii, Sir George Bowen xxv, [Frederick] Call xxii,xxvii, supt. Hussey M. Chomley vi, (given as Chief Commissioner of Police) xiv,xviii,xx,xxi,xxiv, City Licensing Bench xxii,xxvii, Civil Service Act  xxviii, sr. const Corbett xxiii, sgt. [James] Dalton xxiii, sgt. [Henry] Daly xx,xxiii, Dandenong [Police] Stud depôt xxi,xxix, Depot [i.e. Victoria Barracks] vii,viii,xx,xxv,xxvi,xxx, Depot in Phoenix Park xi, inspector [John] Dowdell (Scotland Yard) xix, detective [John] Duncan vii, Evening Post (Ballarat) xxv, Dr. F[rederick] T. West Ford xxvi, General Post Office [Melbourne] xvi, Great Britain.Metropolitan Police Office (given as London Metropolitan Police) xi,xii,xix,xxiv, Great Britain.Metropolitan Police Office. Criminal Investigation Dept. (given as Scotland Yard) xix, [Government] Gazette x, Hamilton xvi, Mr. [Francis A.] Hare vi,xx,xxv, Ireland xvi, sgt. [John?] Kelly (Reg. No. 1925) xix, Kelly gang [v],vii,,xi,xiii, G[eorge] B[riscoe] Kerferd (Attorney-General) xvii, sub-inspector [James] Larner vii, Licensing Act  xxii,xxvii,[xxxi], Sir Charles MacMahon ix, Medical Board x,xvii,xviii, Melbourne City Council xxi, [Henry] Moors (chief clerk Police Dept.) xii,xviii, New Zealand xv, C[harles] H[ope] Nicolson vi,xiv, detective [Thomas] Nixon vii, Marquis of Normanby [v], North Eastern [Police] District [v],xi,xxiii, detective [Thomas] O'Callaghan vii, Stanhope O'Connor vi, James Oddie (Ballarat) xxiv, const. [John] Parsons xxv, Permanent Artillery x, Police hospital xxvi,xxvii,xxx,[xxxi], Police Regulation Act/Statute ix,xvii,xviii,xix,xxvii, Police Reward Fund xxvii, [Police] Superannuation Board xxx, [Police] Superannuation Fund xv,xvii,xxvii,xxviii,xxx,[xxxi], Port Fairy (given as Belfast) xvi, Regulations [for the guidance of the constabulary of Victoria 1877] vii,ix,x,xi, (given as Manual of regulations) xix, sgt. [John B.] Richards xiii, [William] Robertson (accountant Police Dept.) xxviii, [Royal Commission on the Police Force of Victoria] progress reports [v],vii,vi,vii, Royal Commission special report upon the Detective Force vii, [Royal] Irish Constabulary xi,xii,xvi,xix,xxiv, [Royal] Mint [Melboune Branch] xvi, Russell Street barracks vii,xx,xxi,xxii,xxx,[xxxi], supt. [John] Sadleir vi, Scotland Yard xix, inspector [Frederick] Secretan vii, Select Committee of the [Legislative] Assembly [on the Police Force] which sat during the sessions of 1861-2-3 viii,ix, Select Committee of the Legislative Assembly [upon a Bill for the Prevention of Contagious Diseases] (given as Select Committee of the Assembly to inquire into and report upon the Social evil in Melbourne) viii, inspector Brooke Smith vi, major [William Collard] Smith (minister of Mines) xxv, captain [Frenderick] Standish [v],ix, given as the then Chief Commissioner of Police xvii, sgt. [Arthur] Steele vi, Stores Dept. (Victoria Barracks) xviii, Tasmania xxiv, const. [John] Thompson xxv, Mr. [John] Towers (editor Ballarat evening Post) xxv, [Victoria] Police Dept. [v],vi,vii,viii-ix,xviii,xxiv,xxviii, [Victoria] Police Force [v],vi,vii,viii,ix,x,xi,xiv,xv,xvi,xvii,xviii,xix,xx,xxi,xxiii,xxiv,xxv,xxvi,xxvii,xxviii,xxix,xxx, [Victoria Police Force] Detective Branch/Dept./Office vii,xxi,xxx, Vincent's Police Code xi,xxx, James Williams (sec. Royal Commission on the Police Force) xxviii,xxx and supt. [Frederick] Winch vii
xxxp. ; 35cm.
- Police force : replies to a question put by Mr. Snodgrass 17th January 1861 for a return showing 1. The existing distribution of the police force, officials and men. 2. The intended alterations in the distribution of the force should the proposed reductions be carried out. 3. The dates of service of every officer in the force distinguishing those officers who will be reduced if the proposed estimate is agreed to. 4. Also the districts in which the police magistrates and clerks of petty sessions referred to in the estimates are appointed for and the dates of service of each of these officers Published: (1861)
- Royal Commission on Police : special report on the Detective Branch Published: (1883)
- Police Force : return to an order of the House dated 26th October 1887 for a copy of the petition recently addressed to the Honourable the Chief Secretary by an officer of Police on Ballarat asking for a Board of Inquiry and of the papers and records attached thereto Published: (1887)
- Police Commission : ad interim report of the Royal Commission of Enquiry into the Circumstances of the Kelly Outbreak, the Present State and Organization of the Police Force, etc. Published: (1882)
- Police Commission : charges against members of the police force : return to an order of the Legislative Assembly dated 22nd November 1881 for copies of any communications the Chief Secretary may have received from members of the police with regard to the charges against them in the report of the Police Commission Published: (1881)