Re-Member (Former Members)
- c1865 (Cornwall)
- 13 March 1951 (Fitzroy. Springvale crematorium)
- Samuel Meyn, miner, and Jane Mitchell
- Mining manager
- Timber worker, suffered serious leg injury, arrived Vic. c1886; employed in Treasury Department; took charge of Long Tunnel concentrated plant at Walhalla 1894, later battery manager; in charge Long Tunnel Extended mines until 1908, then general manager; director Long Tunnel and Long Tunnel Extended; led numerous mountain-climbing and geological survey expeditions; interested in astronomy; visited England 1929.;Walhalla shire councillor 1905-1910, president 1909-1910
- 1st Jul 1910
- 1st Mar 1927
*The Start date for Members elected after 1900 is the date they were elected. The start date for pre-1900 Members is the date they were sworn in.
- Minister without Portfolio Sept 1917-Nov 1917, Minister of Railways and of Mines 21 Mar 1918-7 Sept 1923. Royal commission Geelong Harbour Trust 1912, Brick Manufacturing 1913-1914, Border Railways 1915-1916 (co-chairman). Railways standing committee 1914-1917.
- Who's Who in Australia 1922; Melbourne Punch 4 Apr 1918; Herald 13 Mar 1951
- Initial Data Source
- Browne, G, 'Biographical Register of the Victorian Parliament 1900-84', 1985
- Last Update
- Array (last date the record was checked and updated)