Re-Member (Former Members)
- c1792 (Oban)
- 13 August 1877 (Bell's Creek, New South Wales)
- John, carpenter, and Margaret, nee Marshall
- Arrived Port Phillip c1841; with Alexander MacCallum and James Forsyth held several pastoral runs: Dunach Forest 1841-1850, Tragawell 1848-1850 and Avoca Forest 1854; editor the Banner, a Melbourne newspaper, 1853-1854; went to NSW. Practised at Shoalhaven.;
- Non-office-bearing nominee
- 1st Aug 1853
- 1st Nov 1853
*The Start date for Members elected after 1900 is the date they were elected. The start date for pre-1900 Members is the date they were sworn in.
- Billis, R. V. and Kenyon, A. S., 'Pastoral Pioneers of Port Phillip', Melbourne, 1932; Martin, A. W. and Wardle, P., 'Members of the Legislative Assembly of New South Wales 1856-1901', Canberra, 1959; Argus, 25 Jan 1858; Sydney Morning Herald, 16 Aug 1877.
- Initial Data Source
- Thomson, K & Serle, G, 'A Biographical Register of the Victorian Legislature 1851-1900', ANU Press, 1972
- Last Update
- Array (last date the record was checked and updated)