Re-Member (Former Members)
George Milner Stephen
- 18 December 1812 (Wells, Somerset)
- 16 January 1894 (Brunswick)
- John, NSW judge, and Mary Anne, nee Pasmore
- 1840 Adelaide, Mary Hindmarsh; 9s. 4d.
- Church of England?
- Honiton Grammar School and Sydney Grammar School
- Emigrated Sydney with his father 1824; 1838, advocate-general, crown solicitor, briefly acting governor and colonial secretary South Australia; resigned 1839; in England and Heligoland 1840-1846; then barrister South Australia; in Vic. for most of 1852-1864 as barrister and mining investor; to NSW 1864 and ultimately became a famous faith healer. Land Convention sympathiser.;
- 1st Oct 1859
- 1st Jul 1861
*The Start date for Members elected after 1900 is the date they were elected. The start date for pre-1900 Members is the date they were sworn in.
- Other seats contested
- Talbot 1856, Collingwood 1861
- Australian Dictionary of Biography, 2
- Initial Data Source
- Thomson, K & Serle, G, 'A Biographical Register of the Victorian Legislature 1851-1900', ANU Press, 1972
- Last Update
- Array (last date the record was checked and updated)