Re-Member (Former Members)
Edward ('Ted') Norman Baillieu
- Melbourne, Victoria
- Married, 3 children.
- Melbourne Grammar School HSC 1970. BArch 1976 (The University of Melbourne). Registered as an architect in Victoria 1979. Certificate of Business Studies (Real Estate) 1986 (RMIT).
- Memberships: Royal Australian Institute of Architects; Victorian Board of Management, Association of Consulting Architects 1985-1999; Melbourne Rugby Club; Joint Founder, Pier to Perignon Swim; Director, Australian Children's Television Foundation 1997-99; Board Member to 2006, Melbourne International Comedy Festival; Joint Convenor-WAGS (We Are Geelong Supporters), Geelong Football Club; Patrons' Council, Epilepsy Foundation of Victoria; Melbourne Cricket Club; Melbourne Savage Club; Royal Melbourne Golf Club; Sorrento Golf Club; Melbourne University Graduate Union; Portsea Surf Lifesaving Club; 500 Club; Friends of the Zoo; Past Pres., Friends of Auburn Tower; Brighton Icebergers; Melbourne Victory Club; Rotary Club of Glenferrie; Spartans; RSL Camberwell. Patron: Hawthorn Community Chest, Melbourne Rebels, Mental Health Foundation, Relay for Life. Melbourne Rebels, Heart Foundation, Victorian Olympic Cttee, Victorian Commonwealth Games Association, Club Melbourne Ambassador Program, Honorary Co-Chairman, The Press Cup. Interests: Golf, basketball, swimming.;
- Liberal Party
- Party Note
- Member since 1981, Carlton and Hawthorn West Branches. Party/Branch Development Cttee 1984-1992 (Chairman 1989-1991). Federal Development Cttee 1990-91. Melbourne State & Federal Electorate Chairman (1987 Campaign Director) 1984-1992. State Strategy Cttee 1985-87. State Council Agenda Cttee 1985-1992 (Chairman 1987-1992). Policy Assembly incl. Treasury/Finance and Employment & Industrial Relations Cttees. Administrative Cttee 1987-1997. Referenda Cttee 1988. Vice Pres., Victorian Division 1988-1992. Federal Council 1989-1996. Chairman, State Redistribution Cttee, 1990. Chairman, Vic. Federal Boundaries Cttee 1994. Federal Executive 1992-96, incl. Election Strategy 1994-96. State Pres., Victorian Division, incl. State Finance Cttee and Policy Assembly Chairman 1992-97.
- 18th Sep 1999
- 29th Nov 2014
*The Start date for Members elected after 1900 is the date they were elected. The start date for pre-1900 Members is the date they were sworn in.
- Inaugural Speech
- 9 November 1999, Liberal, Assembly, Hawthorn
- Shadow Minister for Tertiary Education and Training 1999-2001. Shadow Minister for Gaming July 2000-August 2002. Shadow Minister for Planning September 2001-May 2006. Leader of the Opposition May 2006-December 2010. Leader of the Liberal Party since May 2006. Shadow Minister for the Arts December 2006-December 2010. Leader of the Victorian Liberal Nationals Coalition February 2008-6 March 2012. Premier 2 December 2010-6 March 2012. Minister for the Arts December 2010-6 March 2012. Committee Service: Outer Suburban/Interface Services and Development Cttee 2003-06
- Victorian Parliamentary Handbook. Personal information.
- Initial Data Source
- Victorian Parliamentary Handbook, 54th Parliament
- Last Update
- Array (last date the record was checked and updated)