Re-Member (Former Members)
Hon George Ward Cole
- 15 November 1793 (Durham)
- 26 April 1879 (Brighton)
- John and Eliza, nee James
- (1) Mrs Eliza Cantey, nee Brietyche; 1s.; (2) 1842 Melbourne, Thomas Anne McCrae; 3s. 3d.
- Church of England
- Entered Royal Navy 1807; promoted lieutenant. 1814, retired on half pay 1817; some years in the merchant marine, spent a brief time in Sydney; arrived Port Phillip 4 July 1840; merchant and shipping agent; built Cole's wharf and operated a paddle-steamer service. Director several companies; pastoral interests.;
- 1st Aug 1853
- 1st May 1855
- 1st Oct 1859
- 1st Apr 1879
*The Start date for Members elected after 1900 is the date they were elected. The start date for pre-1900 Members is the date they were sworn in.
- Australian Dictionary of Biography, 1.
- Initial Data Source
- Thomson, K & Serle, G, 'A Biographical Register of the Victorian Legislature 1851-1900', ANU Press, 1972
- Last Update
- Array (last date the record was checked and updated)