Re-Member (Former Members)
Andrew John McIntosh
- Melbourne, Victoria
- Married, 1 son.
- Melbourne Grammar 1965-73. BEc 1978 (ANU). LLB 1981 (University of Tasmania). Certificate of Mediation 1998 (Bond University).
- Articles and Solicitor, Arthur Robinson & Co., 1982-93. Associate to a Supreme Court Judge 1984. Barrister since 1985. Secretary, Victorian Bar Council 1990-92. Elected Member, Victorian Bar Council 1992-98. Director, Barristers Chambers Limited 1993-99. Memberships: Secretary, Victorian Bar Council 1990-92; Elected Member, Victorian Bar Council 1992-98; Director, Barristers Chambers Limited 1993-99; Council of Box Hill Institute of TAFE 1998-2000; Life Member, Ormond Ski Club Mt Hotham. Interests: bike riding, sailing, bush walking and skiing.;
- Liberal Party
- Party Note
- Member, North Balwyn Branch since 1982. Member, Policy Assembly 1996-99. Secretary, Policy Assembly Steering Committee 1998-99. Chairman, Youth Training Program 1998-99. Secretary, Branch Development Committee 1996-97. Member, Constitutional Committee 1997-99. Member, State Strategy Committee 1998-99. Inaugural Editor, 'the Kooyong Liberal' 1997-99. Secretary, Kooyong 200 Club 1997-99. Vice-Chairman, Kew Electorate Council 1996-98.
- 18th Sep 1999
- 29th Nov 2014
*The Start date for Members elected after 1900 is the date they were elected. The start date for pre-1900 Members is the date they were sworn in.
- Inaugural Speech
- 9 November 1999, Liberal, Assembly, Kew
- Opposition Parliamentary Secretary for Infrastructure September 2001-August 2002. Shadow Minister for Industrial Relations August 2002-December 2006. Shadow Attorney-General December 2002-December 2006. Shadow Minister for Scrutiny of Government April-May 2006. Shadow Minister for Police and Emergency Services December 2006-November 2009. Shadow Minister for Corrections and Manager Opposition Business (Assembly) December 2006-December 2010. Shadow Minister for Crime Prevention, Shadow Minister for Freedom of Information and Shadow Minister for Integrity of Government November 2009-December 2010. Minister for Corrections, Minister for Crime Prevention and Minister responsible for the establishment of Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission (IBAC) December 2010-April 2013. Committee Service: Law Reform Cttee 1999-2001. Scrutiny of Acts and Regulations Cttee 2003-2006. Drugs and Crime Prevention Cttee 2007-June 2008. LA Standing Orders Cttee 2007-November 2010. Dispute Resolution Cttee 2007-November 2010. Dispute Resolution Cttee, LA Privileges Cttee, LA Standing Orders Cttee April 2011-17 April 2013. Accountability and Oversight Cttee 26 June 2013-November 2014 (Chair from 6 February 2014). Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission Cttee April 2013-November 2015.
- Victorian Parliamentary Handbook.
- Initial Data Source
- Victorian Parliamentary Handbook, 54th Parliament
- Last Update
- Array (last date the record was checked and updated)