Ministers & Members Search - Hon Martin Dixon (Nepean)
Hon Martin Dixon
- Liberal Party
- Legislative Assembly
- Electoral Matters
- Street Address
- Shop 1, McCrae Plaza, 739 Point Nepean Road, McCrae, VIC 3938
- Postal Address
- PO Box 250, McCrae, VIC 3938
- (03) 5986 6661
- (03) 5981 1360
- Hon Martin Francis Dixon
- Married, two children, two grandchildren.
- Birth Country
- reading, architecture, aviation, cars.
- Liberal Party
- Rye Football Club
- Rye Historical Society
- Rotary Club of Rosebud/Rye
- Australian College of Education.
- St Pius X PS 1961-66. Marcellin College 1967-72. DipT 1975 (ACU). BEd 1981 (La Trobe).
- Teacher, St Matthew's PS 1976. Teacher, St Joseph's PS 1977-79. Principal, St Aloysius PS 1980-83. Principal, Our Lady of Fatima PS 1984-90. Principal, St Jude's PS 1991-94. Dep Chairperson (Primary), Catholic Education Office 1995-96.
- Parliamentary Service
- Elected MLA for Dromana March 1996, re-elected September 1999
- Electorate abolished in 2002 redivision
- Elected MLA for Nepean November 2002
- Re-elected November 2006, November 2010, November 2014
- Minister for Education December 2010-December 2014
- Committees Service
- Road Safety Cttee 1998-99. Scrutiny of Acts and Regulations Cttee 1999-2001. LA Standing Orders Cttee, Outer Suburban/Interface Services and Development Cttee 2003-06. Family and Community Development Cttee March-September 2007. Education and Training Cttee September 2007-November 2010. Electoral Matters Cttee since April 2015. Law Reform, Road and Community Safety Cttee since April 2015.
- Parliamentary Party Positions
- Parliamentary Secretary for the Liberal Party 2000-01
- Parliamentary Secretary for the Opposition, Education 2001-02
- Spokesperson for Tertiary Education and Training December 2002-January 2004
- Opposition Whip (Assembly) December 2002-February 2006
- Spokesperson for Tourism January 2004-December 2005
- Shadow Minister for Community Services and Shadow Minister for Tourism December 2005-February 2006
- Shadow Minister for Education February 2006-December 2006
- Shadow Minister for Skills, Education Services and Employment, Shadow Minister for Innovation, Shadow Minister for Victorian Communities and Shadow Minister for Veterans' Affairs December 2006-August 2007
- Shadow Minister for Education August 2007-December 2010
- Party Positions
- Secretary 1984-87, Pres. 1988-90, 1992-96 Rye Branch. Chairman, Dromana Electorate Council 1990-96. Cttee Member, Flinders Electorate Council 1990-96. Vice Pres., South East Province 1993-96.
Last updated: May 9th, 2016