Ministers & Members Search - Bernard (Bernie) Finn (Western Metropolitan)
Bernard (Bernie) Finn
- Western Metropolitan
- Shadow Parliamentary Secretary for Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Shadow Parliamentary Secretary for Electoral Integrity
- Shadow Parliamentary Secretary for Melbourne's West
- Liberal Party
- Legislative Council
- Economy and Infrastructure
- Street Address
- Suite 101, 19 Lacy Street, Braybrook, VIC 3019
- (03) 9317 5900
- (03) 9317 5911
- Bernard Thomas Christopher Finn
- Married, six children.
- Birth Country
- AFL, US politics, Australian comedy.
- Australian National Flag Association
- Active Member, Richmond Football Club
- Australians for a Constitutional Monarchy
- Multiple Birth Association of Victoria
- Western Bulldogs Football Club since 2007
- Pres., March for Babies since 2009
- Life Member, Hobson's Bay Maltese Association.
- Trinity College, Colac (to year 10). Salesian College, 'Rupertswood', Sunbury.
- Radio Producer, Announcer, Operator, Herald and Weekly Times (3DB) 1978-80. Promotions Announcer, Producer and Performer in live stage shows 1980-81. Advertising Sales Executive, Diplomatic House Publishing Group 1982-83. Radio Producer, Announcer, Operator, 3AW 1983-92. Owner/Operator Finn Communications 1999-2004. Media Adviser, Chris Pearce MP 2004-05. Adviser, Parliamentary Secretary to Commonwealth Treasurer 2005-06.
- Parliamentary Service
- Elected MLA for Tullamarine October 1992
- Elected MLC for Western Metropolitan November 2006
- Re-elected November 2010, November 2014
- Committees Service
- Family and Community Development Cttee 1996-99, and since May 2015. Education and Training Cttee March-September 2007. Family and Community Development Cttee September 2007-November 2010. Chair, Electoral Matters Cttee February 2011-November 2014. House Cttee June 2011-November 2014. Economy and Infrastructure Legislation Cttee and Economy and Infrastructure References Cttee February 2011-November 2014 and April-May 2015. Economy and Infrastructure Cttee since May 2015, Chair since February 2017.
- Parliamentary Party Positions
- Shadow Parliamentary Secretary for Autism Spectrum Disorder, Electoral Integrity and Melbourne's West since January 2015
- Party Positions
- Campaign Director, Brunswick 1982. Vice-Pres., Ascot Vale Branch 1982-83. Endorsed Candidate for Burke 1983. Pres., Glenmeadows Branch 1983-92. State Council Delegate since 1983. Campaign Director, Maribyrnong 1984. Campaign Cttee Essendon 1985, Keilor 1988. Member, Pres.'s Standing Cttee 1987. Member, Media Cttee, Policy Assembly 1987-90. Policy Assembly 1987-92. Campaign Director, Calwell 1990. Calwell Electorate Chairman 1989-92. Vice-Chairman, Tullamarine Electorate Cttee 1991. Chairman and Convenor, Melbourne North Province Cttee. Policy Assembly 2001-06. Endorsed Candidate, Macedon 2002. Administrative Cttee 2003-05. Chairman, Media and Communications Cttee 2003-05. Branch Development Cttee 2003-06.
Last updated: March 9th, 2017