Ministers & Members Search - James Purcell (Western Victoria)
- Western Victoria
- Vote 1 Local Jobs
- Legislative Council
- Accountability and Oversight
- Street Address
- Shop 3, 32 Bank Street, Port Fairy, VIC 3284
- (03) 5568 2929
- (03) 5568 2951
- James Desmond Purcell
- Born 7 January 1953, Married, three children.
- Birth Country
- Horse racing, sport, community development, job creation.
- Warrnambool Racing Club
- Port Fairy Bowls Club
- MCC Member.
- BAcc (Deakin) 1972-75. PGAcc (Deakin/RMIT) 1976-80. Fellow CPA 1985.
- General Management, Glaxo 1975-85. General Manager Finance/Administration, James Hardy 1985-88. General Manager Finance/Administration, Wormald 1988-91. General Manager Business & Administration, Amcor 1991-94. Owner and operator, Plantworld 1993-95. Director Business & Tourism, Moyne Shire 1996-08. Director, Tiger Self Storage; Proprietor, Chinese Copper Foundry; Chief Executive Officer, Corangamite Regional Library Corporation 2008-09. James Purcell & Associates, Accountant 2008-14.
- Parliamentary Service
- Elected MLC for Western Victoria November 2014
- Committees Service
- Accountability and Oversight Cttee, LC Privileges Cttee since April 2015. Economic, Education, Jobs and Skills Cttee April 2015-August 2015. Port of Melbourne Select Cttee since August 2015.
- Party Positions
- Founder and leader, Vote 1 Local Jobs.
Last updated: May 6th, 2016