Ministers & Members Search - Frank McGuire (Broadmeadows)
- Parliamentary Secretary for Medical Research
- Australian Labor Party
- Legislative Assembly
- Street Address
- Shop 42, Broadmeadows Shopping Centre, 1099-1169 Pascoe Vale Road, Broadmeadows, VIC 3047
- Postal Address
- PO Box 3213, Broadmeadows, VIC 3047
- (03) 9300 3851
- (03) 9300 3915
- Frank McGuire
- Born 16 June 1957, three children.
- Birth Country
- Lifelong learning, innovation, sport, arts.
- AFL Foundation 2003-09
- Australian Conservation Foundation
- Australian Labor Party
- Australian Republican Movement (Life Member)
- Former ARM National Executive Member and Victorian Convenor, Delegate (proxy)
- Constitutional Convention on the Republic 1998
- Victorian Campaign Director Republican Referendum 1999
- Australian Workers Union
- Essendon Football Club
- Hume Safe City Taskforce (Founding Chairman) 1999-2004
- Hume Social Justice and Safe City Taskforce (Chairman) since 2004
- Hume Global Learning Village Board since 2004
- Leadership Victoria
- Media, Entertainment and Arts Alliance
- Melbourne Scots
- s Drug Prevention Council 2002-07
- Victorian Drug and Alcohol Prevention Council 2007-2010
- Victorian Anti-obesity Program, Chairman of Ambassadors 2004-06.
- Christian Brothers College St. Kilda (Scholarship) 1970. Melbourne Herald (Cadetship) 1976. Leadership Victoria (Fellow) 1998. RMIT MComm (Jour) 2013.
- Journalism: News- Reporter, Melbourne Herald 1976-1984; Reporter, Producer, Dep Chief-of-Staff, Ten News 1986-1990. Current Affairs- Investigative and Political Reporter, ‘7.30 Report’ 1990-91. ‘Four Corners’ 1992-93. National 7.30 Report Victorian Correspondent 1994-95. Business: Co-founder Television and Radio Production Company 1996; Managing Partner, Communications Company 2002-05; Director, Media and Business Consultancy; Director, Social Innovation Company. Politics: Media Adviser, Victorian Government 1984-85; Parliamentary Strategist, Australian Democrats 2001-02.
- Parliamentary Service
- Elected MLA for Broadmeadows February 2011 (by-election)
- Re-elected November 2014
- Parliamentary Secretary for Medical Research since 23 December 2014
- Committees Service
- Dep Chair, Family and Community Development Cttee May 2011-February 2014. Deputy Chair, Economic Development, Infrastructure and Outer Suburban/Interface Services Cttee November 2013-May 2014. Economic Development, Infrastructure and Outer Suburban/Interface Services Cttee August 2013-November 2014.
- Parliamentary Party Positions
- Shadow Parliamentary Secretary for Scrutiny of Government February 2012-December 2014
Last updated: January 13th, 2015