Ministers & Members Search - Hon Kimberley (Kim) Wells (Rowville)
Hon Kimberley (Kim) Wells
- Liberal Party
- Legislative Assembly
- Street Address
- 9 Lynton Place, Scoresby, VIC 3179
- Postal Address
- PO Box 4255, Knox City Centre, VIC 3152
- (03) 9764 8988
- (03) 9763 9816
- Hon Kimberley Arthur Wells
- Married, three children.
- Birth Country
- mountaineering, travelling, hiking and all sports.
- Liberal Party of Australia
- Scouts Australia - Victorian Branch
- National Council of Scout Association of Australia
- Honorary Patron, Victorian Homeless Fund
- Footscray Football Club Past Players Assoc
- Scoresby Football Club (No 1 Ticket Holder)
- St Kilda Football Club
- Wesley Uniting Tennis Club (Life Member).
- Bairnsdale PS. HSC 1976 (Bairnsdale HS). BBus(Acc) (Footscray Institute of Technology). PostGradDipBus(Acc) Victoria University of Technology. MBus(Acc&Fin) Victoria University of Technology. Fellow of CPA (2004).
- Operations Supervisor, SPD Transport 1977-1982. YMCA Youth Counselor USA, 1982. Assistant Cost Accountant, Deeko Australia 1984-85. Operations Manager, P&O Cold Storage 1985-88. Operations Manager, Hammond Palmer Transport 1988-1992.
- Parliamentary Service
- Elected MLA for Wantirna October 1992
- Re-elected 1996, 1999
- Electorate abolished in 2002 redivision
- Elected MLA for Scoresby November 2002, re-elected 2006, 2010
- Elected MLA for Rowville November 2014
- Treasurer December 2010-March 2013
- Minister for Police and Emergency Services and Minister for Bushfire Response March 2013-December 2014
- Committees Service
- LA Printing Cttee 1992-94. Law Reform Cttee 1992-96. Public Accounts and Estimates Cttee 1996-99. Chair, Drugs and Crime Prevention Cttee 1999-2000. Drugs and Crime Prevention Cttee 2003-06. Dep Chair, Public Accounts and Estimates Cttee March 2007-November 2010. Chair, Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission Cttee since April 2015. LA Privileges Cttee since April 2015.
- Parliamentary Party Positions
- Shadow Minister for Corrections 2000-02 and May-December 2006
- Shadow Minister for Police and Emergency Services July 2000-December 2006
- Shadow Treasurer December 2006-November 2010
- Party Positions
- Vice-Pres., Wattle Park Branch 1984-1992. Treasurer, Wattle Park Branch 1985-1992. Area Finance Representative, 1988-1992. State Council Delegate, 1990-92. Treasurer, Chisholm Electorate Cttee 1990-91. Member, Parliamentary Party Cttees: Treasury & Finance (Chair), Tertiary Education & Training, Industry & Employment (inc. Ports), Rail Trails.
Last updated: May 9th, 2016