Ministers & Members Search - Hon Michael O'Brien (Malvern)
Hon Michael O'Brien
- Shadow Treasurer
- Liberal Party
- Legislative Assembly
- Dispute Resolution
- Street Address
- 313-315 Waverley Road, Malvern East, VIC 3145
- (03) 9576 1850
- (03) 9576 1849
- Hon Michael Anthony O'Brien
- Married, two children.
- Birth Country
- reading, current affairs, golf, tennis, football, music, theatre.
- Victorian Bar
- Trustee, Alfred Deakin Lecture Trust
- Hon. Life Member and past Pres., Melbourne University Liberal Club
- Carlton Football Club
- Kew Golf Club
- East Malvern RSL Sub-Branch Inc.
- Malvern Historical Society Inc.
- VCE 1989 (Marcellin College). LLB(Hons), BCom (Melb). Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Victoria and the High Court of Australia 1998. Roll of Counsel of the Victorian Bar 2004.
- Articled Clerk, Molomby & Molomby 1997. Lawyer, Deacons 1998-99. Legal Counsel and Senior Adviser to the Federal Treasurer 1999-2004. Barrister, Victorian Bar since 2004.
- Parliamentary Service
- Elected MLA for Malvern November 2006
- Re-elected November 2010, November 2014
- Minister for Gaming, Minister for Consumer Affairs, and Minister for Energy and Resources December 2010-March 2013
- Treasurer March 2013-December 2014
- Committees Service
- Dep Chair, Electoral Matters Cttee March 2007-November 2010. LA Privileges Cttee March 2013-November 2014. Standing Orders Cttee February-November 2014. Dispute Resolution Cttee April 2013-November 2014 and since April 2015.
- Parliamentary Party Positions
- Shadow Minister for Gaming December 2006-December 2010
- Shadow Minister for Consumer Affairs August 2007-December 2010
- Shadow Minister for Energy and Resources, Shadow Minister for Exports and Trade and Shadow Minister for Infrastructure and Public Private Partnerships November 2009-December 2010
- Shadow Treasurer since 17 December 2014
- Party Positions
- Member, Liberal Party since 1989. Delegate to State Council 1995, 1997-99, and since 2001. Member, Policy Assembly 1997-2000, 2006-07. Pres., Boroondara Branch 2001-05. Chairman, Policy Assembly Steering Cttee 2006-07. Member, Constitutional Cttee 2003-07. Various branch offices held.
Last updated: May 9th, 2016