Ministers & Members Search - Hon Nicholas (Nick) Wakeling (Ferntree Gully)
Hon Nicholas (Nick) Wakeling
- Ferntree Gully
- Shadow Minister for Education
- Liberal Party
- Legislative Assembly
- Street Address
- Unit 4, 91 Dorset Road, Ferntree Gully, VIC 3156
- Postal Address
- PO Box 551, Ferntree Gully, VIC 3156
- (03) 9758 6011
- (03) 9758 8053
- Hon Nicholas Wakeling
- Married, three children.
- Birth Country
- orienteering, football, Formula One, music, history.
- Industrial Relations Society of Victoria
- Dandenong Ranges Orienteering Club
- Knox Historical Society
- Brisbane Lions Football Club
- Boronia RSL
- Former Director, Bendigo Bank, Community Bank (Ferntree Gully and Rowville branches)
- Institute of Public Affairs.
- HSC (Haileybury College). BA (La Trobe). GradDip HRM&IR (RMIT). Master of Industrial Relations and Employee Relations (Monash), Awarded top graduating student.
- Industrial Relations advisor, Wageline, Dept. of Business and Employment 1992-95. Industrial Research Officer, Victorian Automobile Chamber of Commerce 1995-98. Human Resource Adviser, Nillumbik Shire Council 1998-99. Senior Industrial Relations Adviser, Adecco Group 2000-06.
- Parliamentary Service
- Elected MLA for Ferntree Gully November 2006
- Re-elected November 2010, November 2014
- Parliamentary Secretary for Health December 2010-March 2013
- Cabinet Secretary March 2013-March 2014
- Minister for Higher Education and Skills March-December 2014
- Committees Service
- House Cttee April 2011-April 2013. Accountability and Oversight Cttee February 2013-June 2013. Family and Community Development Cttee May 2011-February 2014.
- Parliamentary Party Positions
- Shadow Parliamentary Secretary to the Leader of the Opposition February 2008-December 2010
- Shadow Parliamentary Secretary, Community Services November 2009-December 2010
- Shadow Minister for Education since December 2014
- Party Positions
- Member, La Trobe University Liberal Club 1989-91. Member Noble Park Young Liberals 1989-99. Pres., Noble Park Young Liberals 1990. Pres., La Trobe University Liberal Club 1991. State Executive, Young Liberal Movement 1995-96. Member, Rowville branch since 2000. Pres., Rowville branch 2003-05.
Last updated: May 9th, 2016