Ministers & Members Search - Hon Martin Pakula (Keysborough)
Hon Martin Pakula
- Attorney General
- Minister for Racing
- Australian Labor Party
- Legislative Assembly
- Dispute Resolution
- Street Address
- Suite 3, 387-389 Springvale Road, Springvale, VIC 3171
- (03) 9547 6262
- (03) 9547 2416
- Street Address
- Level 26, 121 Exhibition Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000
- (03) 8684 1111
- Hon Martin Philip Pakula
- Married, two children.
- Birth Country
- football, horse racing, music, reading.
- National Union of Workers
- Carlton Football Club
- Law Institute of Victoria.
- Ormond PS. HSC 1986 (Haileybury College). BEc 1989, LLB(Hons) 1991 (Monash).
- Articles at Macpherson and Kelley Solicitors. National Union of Workers: Industrial Officer, 1993-2000, Assistant State Secretary, 2000-04, and State Secretary and National Vice Pres., 2004-06. Director of Labour Union Cooperative Retirement Fund (LUCRF), 2004-06.
- Parliamentary Service
- Elected MLC for Western Metropolitan November 2006
- Re-elected November 2010
- Resigned March 2013
- Elected MLA for Lyndhurst April 2013 (by-election)
- Elected MLA for Keysborough November 2014
- Parliamentary Secretary, Transport December 2006-August 2007
- Parliamentary Secretary, Roads and Ports August 2007-December 2008
- Minister for Industrial Relations December 2008-December 2010
- Minister for Industry and Trade December 2008-January 2010
- Minister for Public Transport January-December 2010
- Attorney General and Minister for Racing since December since 2014
- Committees Service
- Select Cttee on Gaming Licensing February 2007-May 2008. Public Accounts and Estimates Cttee March 2007-February 2009. Legal and Social Issues Legislation Cttee and Legal and Social Issues References Cttee February-March 2011. Dep Chair, Public Accounts and Estimates Cttee February 2011-November 2014. Dispute Resolution Cttee since April 2015.
- Parliamentary Party Positions
- Shadow Attorney-General, Shadow Minister for Gaming and Racing, and Opposition Scrutiny of Government December 2010-March 2013 and May 2013-December 2014
- Shadow Minister for Corrections December 2013-December 2014
- Party Positions
- Member ALP since 1987. Delegate to the Australian Young Labor National Executive in 1990. ALP Candidate for Goldstein 1993. Delegate to State Conference and National Conference. Member of Administrative Cttee 2000-06.
Last updated: May 9th, 2016