Ministers & Members Search - Hon Richard Dalla-Riva (Eastern Metropolitan)
Hon Richard Dalla-Riva
- Eastern Metropolitan
- Liberal Party
- Legislative Council
- Scrutiny of Acts and Regulations
- Street Address
- Shop 10, 477 Burwood Highway, Vermont South, VIC 3133
- (03) 9803 0592
- (03) 9803 0586
- Hon Richard Alex Gordon Dalla-Riva
- Married, three children.
- Birth Country
- family, fitness.
- Essendon Football Club
- Former Vice-Pres., Kindergarten Parents' Victoria Inc.
- Deakin 200 Club
- Liberal Party of Australia
- Veneto Club Melbourne.
- Beechworth PS, Macleod HS, 1981. Broadmeadows TAFE, 1987. AssocDipBus 1990 (Phillip Institute of Technology). MBA 1998 (USQ).
- Police Constable. Senior Police Detective (Fraud Squad, Asset Recovery Squad, Major Fraud Group, National Crime Authority). Manager, Woolworths Limited. General Manager, National Food Manufacturer. Group Manager, Disability Services. State Regional Manager, US multi-national company.
- Parliamentary Service
- Elected MLC for East Yarra November 2002 (by-election)
- Elected MLC for Eastern Metropolitan November 2006
- Re-elected November 2010, November 2014
- Minister for Employment and Industrial Relations and Minister for Manufacturing, Exports and Trade December 2010-March 2013
- Committees Service
- Library Cttee, Law Reform Cttee 2003-06. Scrutiny of Acts and Regulations Cttee December 2006-February 2007. Public Accounts and Estimates Cttee March 2007-November 2010. LC Standing Orders Cttee May 2007-November 2010. LC Procedure Cttee June 2011-November 2014. Chair, Scrutiny of Acts and Regulations Cttee March 2013-November 2014. Chair, Environment and Planning Legislation Cttee and Environment and Planning References Cttee April 2013-November 2014 and April-May 2015. Scrutiny of Acts and Regulations Cttee since December 2014 (Dep Chair since February 2015). Environment and Planning Cttee since May 2015.
- Parliamentary Party Positions
- Spokesperson for Corrections December 2002-May 2006
- Spokesperson for Scrutiny of Government January 2004-December 2005
- Shadow Minister for Manufacturing and Export December 2005-February 2007
- Shadow Minister for Scrutiny of Government, May 2006-February 2007
- Shadow Minister for Community Development and Shadow Minister for Innovation August 2007-February 2008
- Shadow Minister for Freedom of Information August 2007-November 2009
- Shadow Minister for Industry and State Development and Shadow Minister for Major Projects February 2008-December 2010
- Party Positions
- Chairman, East Yarra Province Electorate Council, 2000-02. Vice-Chairman, Prospective Candidates Training Program 2001. Policy Assembly Delegate (elected via State Council) and Convenor Joint Standing Cttee of Community Services and Housing 2001-02. Member, Central Branch Development Cttee. Member, Italian Liberals Association.
Last updated: May 9th, 2016