Ministers & Members Search - Hon John Eren (Lara)
Hon John Eren
- Minister for Tourism and Major Events
- Minister for Sport
- Minister for Veterans
- Australian Labor Party
- Legislative Assembly
- Street Address
- Shop 89, 1st Floor, Corio Village Centre, Bacchus Marsh Road, Corio, VIC 3214
- (03) 5275 3898
- (03) 5275 3472
- Street Address
- Level 36, 121 Exhibition Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000
- (03) 8392 2151
- Hon John Hamdi Eren
- Married, five children.
- Birth Country
- family, camping, films, local football and soccer.
- Australian Workers Union
- Corio and Northern Suburbs United Soccer Club
- Geelong Chamber of Commerce
- Geelong Darts Club
- Geelong Football Club
- Norlane Bowls Club
- Lara Sporting Club
- North Geelong Soccer Club
- Corio Football Club
- North Shore Football Club
- Little River Cricket Club
- Anakie Sporting Club
- Geelong Soccer and Sports Club
- Lara Bowls Club
- Bell Post Hill Sporting Club.
- Upfield SC 1981.
- Motor Vehicle Assembler 1985-91. Security Officer 1991-93. Small Business Owner 1993-95. Administrative Assistant 1996-97. Electorate Officer 1997-2002.
- Parliamentary Service
- Elected MLC for Geelong November 2002
- Elected MLA for Lara November 2006, November 2010, November 2014
- Minister for Tourism and Major Events, Minister for Sport, and Minister for Veterans since December 2014
- Committees Service
- Rural and Regional Cttee March-August 2007. Road Safety Cttee March 2003-November 2010 (Chair 2007-November 2010). Scrutiny of Acts and Regulations Cttee February 2011-February 2012.
- Parliamentary Party Positions
- Parliamentary Secretary to the Deputy Leader of the Opposition January 2011-February 2012
- Shadow Minister for Sport and Recreation and Shadow Minister for Volunteers February 2012-December 2014
- Shadow Minister for Tourism and Major Events December 2013-December 2014
- Party Positions
- Delegate, Vehicle Builders Union State Conference. Member, Immigration and Ethnic Affairs, Culture and Tourism, Economic and Industrial Development Policy Cttees. Pres. Calwell FEA 1991. Dep Returning Officer, Calwell 1998. Calwell Delegate, State Conference. Public Office Selection Cttee Member 1997-98, 2000. Delegate, Corio FEA State Conference since 1999.
Last updated: February 25th, 2016