Ministers & Members Search - Hon Peter Walsh (Murray Plains)
Hon Peter Walsh
- Murray Plains
- Leader of The Nationals
- Deputy Leader of the Opposition
- Shadow Minister for Agriculture
- Shadow Minister for Water
- The Nationals
- Legislative Assembly
- Street Address
- 496 High Street, Echuca, VIC 3564
- (03) 5482 2039
- (03) 5482 3507
- Hon Peter Lindsay Walsh
- Born 09 January 1954, Married, two children.
- Birth Country
- Farming, Australian Rules football.
- The Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD)
- Victorian Farmers Federation (VFF).
- Fernihurst PS 1959-66. Boort HS 1967-72.
- Irrigated horticulture and grain growing business at Boort. State Pres. Victorian Farmers Federation 1998-2002. Director SPC Limited 1995-2002.
- Parliamentary Service
- Elected MLA for Swan Hill November 2002
- Re-elected November 2006, November 2010
- Elected MLA for Murray Plains November 2014
- Minister for Agriculture and Food Security and Minister for Water December 2010-December 2014
- Committees Service
- Rural and Regional Services and Development Cttee 2003-06. Environment and Natural Resources Cttee 2007-November 2010. Dispute Resolution Cttee 2007-November 2010. Dispute Resolution Cttee, Legislative Assembly Privileges Cttee April 2011-November 2014. Chair Legislative Assembly Privileges Cttee April 2013-November 2014.
- Parliamentary Party Positions
- Deputy Leader of The Nationals December 2002-December 2015
- Spokesperson for Agriculture December 2002-February 2008
- Spokesperson for Water December 2002-December 2006
- Spokesperson for Water, Environment and Climate Change December 2006-February 2008
- Spokesperson for Technology December 2002-December 2006
- Spokesperson for Industrial Relations and Spokesperson for River Murray December 2006-February 2008
- Shadow Minister for Agriculture and Shadow Minister for Country Water Resources February 2008-December 2010
- Leader of the Nationals since 4 December 2014
- Deputy Leader of the Opposition, Shadow Minister for Water and Shadow Minister for Agriculture since 17 December 2014
Last updated: March 31st, 2015