Ministers & Members Search - Hon James Merlino (Monbulk)
Hon James Merlino
- Deputy Premier
- Deputy Leader of the Labor Party
- Minister for Education
- Minister for Emergency Services
- Australian Labor Party
- Legislative Assembly
- Dispute Resolution
- Street Address
- 1635 Burwood Hwy, Belgrave, VIC 3160
- (03) 9754 5401
- (03) 9754 5427
- Street Address
- Level 3, 1 Treasury Place, East Melbourne, VIC 3002
- (03) 9651 1222
- Hon James Anthony Merlino
- Birth Country
- reading, movies, dogs, gardening.
- Monbulk RSL
- Hawthorn Football Club
- Montrose Football Club.
- St Edmonds PS 1978-84. Mt Lilydale Mercy College 1985-90. BA(Hons) 1996 (Melb).
- Part-time bricklayer's labourer 1990-95. Electorate Officer for Jan Wilson MP 1996-99. National Industrial Officer, Shop Distributive and Allied Employees Association 1999-2002.
- Parliamentary Service
- Elected MLA for Monbulk November 2002
- Re-elected November 2006, November 2010, November 2014
- Minister for Sport, Recreation and Youth Affairs December 2006-December 2010
- Minister Assisting the Premier on Multicultural Affairs August 2007-December 2010
- Minister for Police and Minister for Corrections October-December 2010
- Deputy Premier and Minister for Education since December 2014
- Minister for Emergency Services since June 2016
- Committees Service
- Public Accounts and Estimates Cttee 2003-06. Dispute Resolution Cttee May 2012-November 2014 and since April 2015.
- Parliamentary Party Positions
- Shadow Minister for Police and Shadow Minister for the TAC and Road Safety December 2010-February 2012
- Deputy Leader of the Opposition February 2012-December 2014
- Shadow Minister for Education February 2012-December 2014
- Party Positions
- Various ALP Branch Executive positions.
Last updated: June 20th, 2016