Ministers & Members Search - Hon Peter Ryan (Gippsland South)
Hon Peter Ryan
- Gippsland South
- The Nationals
- Legislative Assembly
- Street Address
- 54B Cunninghame Street, Sale, VIC 3850
- Postal Address
- PO Box 145, Sale, VIC 3850
- (03) 5144 1987
- (03) 5144 7086
- Hon Peter Julian Ryan
- Born 30 October 1950, Married, one daughter, two sons.
- Birth Country
- Wife and family, politics, all sports, reading, current affairs and music.
- Shepparton HS (Year 12) 1968. Graduated Article Clerk's Course 1974 (RMIT). Admitted as Barrister and Solicitor, Supreme Court of Victoria 1 March 1974.
- Warren Graham and Murphy (Sale) 1974-1990 (Partner 1976-1990, Managing Partner 1988-1990).
- Parliamentary Service
- Elected MLA for Gippsland South October 1992
- Re-elected 1996, 1999, November 2002, November 2006, November 2010, November 2014
- Deputy Premier, Minister for Regional and Rural Development December 2010-December 2014
- Minister for Police and Emergency Services and Minister for Bushfire Response December 2010- March 2013
- Minister for State Development since March 2013-December 2014
- Committees Service
- Law Reform Cttee 1992-96. LA Privileges Cttee 1992-99. Chairman, Scrutiny of Acts and Regulations Cttee 1996-99.
- Parliamentary Party Positions
- Shadow Minister for Rural Development, Shadow Minister for Police and Emergency Services, Shadow Minister for Corrections October 1999-July 2000
- Deputy Leader of the National Party October-December 1999
- Leader of the Nationals December 1999-December 2014
- The Nationals' Attorney-General Spokesperson December 2002-February 2008
- Spokesperson for State and Regional Development, Spokesperson for Major Projects, Spokesperson for WorkCover December 2002-December 2006
- Spokesperson for Gaming December 2002-February 2008
- Spokesperson for Finance and Spokesperson for Regional and Rural Development December 2006-February 2008
- Spokesperson for Innovation December 2002-December 2006
- Shadow Minister for Regional and Rural Development February 2008-December 2010
- Shadow Minister for Manufacturing, Exports and Trade February 2008-November 2009
- Shadow Minister for Bushfire Response March 2009-December 2010
- Shadow Minister for Police & Emergency Services November 2009-December 2010
Last updated: January 13th, 2015