Ministers & Members Search - Donato (Don) Nardella (Melton)
Donato (Don) Nardella
- Legislative Assembly
- Street Address
- 3 Alexandra Street, Melton, VIC 3337
- (03) 9743 9825
- (03) 9743 1634
- Donato Antonio Nardella
- Two step-children and three grandchildren.
- Birth Country
- Reading, heavy metal music, grandchildren, motorcycling.
- Chair, Marginal Seats Group
- Chair, Western Suburbs MPs Group
- Chair, Parliamentary Amnesty International Group
- Chair, Interface MPs Group
- Australian Parliamentarians Group for Drug Law Reform
- Friends of Tibet Group
- Parliamentary Group on Population Development
- Friends of Toolern Creek Group
- Australian Red Cross
- Melton Street Surfer Bus Group
- Member, Western Region Environment Centre
- Member, Bacchus Marsh Historical Society
- Italian MP's Group
- Member, Melton Historical Society
- Amalgamated Metal Workers Union.
- First Class Welder Certificates 1980. Crane Driver and Chaser Licence 1981.
- Guillotine Operator and Quality Control Inspector, John Lysaght 1978-79. Tradesman's assistant and First Class Welder, V.P. Hawthorne Pty. Ltd. 1979-85. State Organiser, ALP, Victoria 1985-92.
- Parliamentary Service
- Member for Melbourne North Province 1992-99
- Elected MLA for Melton September 1999
- Re-elected November 2002, November 2006, November 2010, November 2014
- Acting Speaker March 2004-April 2014
- Deputy Speaker December 2014-March 2017
- Parliamentary Secretary, Roads and Ports January-December 2010
- Committees Service
- Crime Prevention Cttee 1992-96. LC Printing Cttee 1992-94. House Cttee 1993-96. LC Standing Orders Cttee 1993-99. Scrutiny of Acts and Regulations Cttee 1996-99. Family and Community Development Cttee, LA Printing Cttee 1999-2002. Outer Suburban/Interface Services and Development Cttee March 2003-November 2010 (Chair, 2003-06). Rural and Regional Cttee December 2009-November 2010. Scrutiny of Acts and Regulations Cttee February 2011-November 2014. LA Privileges Cttee 1999-November 2010 (Chair, 2002-06) and April 2011-November 2014. LA Standing Orders Cttee 2007-November 2010 and April 2015-March 2017. Economic, Education, Jobs and Skills Cttee August 2015-March 2017.
- Parliamentary Party Positions
- Shadow Minister for Aged Care and Shadow Minister Assisting on Workcover 1995-96
- Shadow Minister for Consumer Affairs and Shadow Assisting the Shadow Minister for WorkCover 1997-99
- Shadow Parliamentary Secretary to the Leader of Opposition January 2011-December 2014
- Party Positions
- ALP State Organiser 1985-92. Secretary of Agriculture and Rural Affairs Policy Cttee 1985-92. Member of Municipal Executive 1985-92. Convenor, Anti-Privatisation Campaign Cttee 1987-89. Convenor, Western Suburbs MPs Group. Co-convenor Friends of Tourism. Returning Officer SPLP 2002. Resigned from Australian Labor Party March 2017.
Last updated: March 24th, 2017