Ministers & Members Search - Hon Jenny Mikakos (Northern Metropolitan)
Hon Jenny Mikakos
- Northern Metropolitan
- Minister for Families and Children
- Minister for Youth Affairs
- Australian Labor Party
- Legislative Council
- LC Privileges
- Street Address
- 319 Spring Street, Reservoir, VIC 3073
- (03) 9462 3966
- (03) 9460 8808
- Street Address
- Level 22, 50 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000
- (03) 9096 0301
- Hon Jenny Mikakos
- Birth Country
- reading, films, music, bushwalking and cycling.
- Victorian Women's Trust
- Emily's List
- Aust. Republican Movement
- Amnesty International.
- Westgarth PS. Thornbury HS. Ivanhoe Girls' Grammar. BA, LLB 1993 (Melb).
- Public Servant 1991-93. Articled Clerk 1994. Solicitor practising in revenue and commercial law with Coopers and Lybrand, Mallesons Stephen Jaques and Jerrard & Stuk, 1995-99.
- Parliamentary Service
- Elected MLC for Jika Jika Province September 1999
- Elected MLC for Northern Metropolitan November 2006
- Re-elected November 2010, November 2014
- Parliamentary Secretary, Justice December 2002-August 2007
- Parliamentary Secretary, Planning August 2007-December 2010
- Minister for Families and Children and Minister for Youth Affairs since December 2014
- Committees Service
- Scrutiny of Acts and Regulations Cttee 1999-2002 (Chair of Regulations Review Sub-cttee). LC Standing Orders Cttee 1999-2002. LC Temporary Chair 1999-2002. House Cttee 1999-2002. Drugs and Crime Prevention Cttee March 2007-November 2010. LC Legislation Cttee May 2007-November 2010. Legal and Social Issues Legislation Cttee and Legal and Social Issues References Cttee February 2011-November 2014. LC Privileges Cttee March 2003-November 2010 and since April 2015.
- Parliamentary Party Positions
- Shadow Minister for Seniors and Ageing December 2010-November 2014
- Shadow Minister Assisting the Leader on Children and Young Adults December 2010-February 2012
- Shadow Minister for Children March 2012-November 2014
- Shadow Minister for Young Adults March 2012-December 2013
- Shadow Minister for Youth Justice December 2010-December 2013
- Shadow Minister for Community Services December 2013-November 2014
- Party Positions
- Member of ALP since 1990. State Conference delegate since 1993. Young Political Leaders' Tour of USA Elections 1996. Vice Pres., ALP Victorian Branch 1995-97. Previous member of various ALP Policy Cttees.
Last updated: May 5th, 2016