Ministers & Members Search - John Lenders (Southern Metropolitan)
- Australian Labor Party
- Party Positions
- State Secretary and Campaign Director 1994-99. Member, ALP National Executive and Campaign Cttee 1994-99.
- Current Portfolios
- Leader of the Opposition in the Legislative Council
- Shadow Minister for Policy Coordination
- Parliamentary Secretary, Treasury and Finance 1999-2002
- Minister for Industrial Relations February-December 2002
- Minister for Consumer Affairs 2002-05
- Minister for Finance February 2002-December 2006
- Minister for Major Projects, Minister for WorkCover and the TAC January 2005-December 2006
- Minister for Education December 2006-August 2007
- Treasurer 3 August 2007-December 2010
- Minister for Information and Communication Technology December 2008-December 2010
- Minister for Financial Services December 2008-December 2010
- Dispute Resolution
- Street Address
- 281 Centre Road, Bentleigh, VIC 3204
- (03) 9557 1500
- (03) 9557 1522
- Southern Metropolitan
- Legislative Council
- John Lenders
- Born 01 October 1958, Married, three children.
- Birth Country
- Bushwalking, camping, cycling, swimming.
- Australian Services Union
- Bicycle Victoria
- Williamson Community Leadership Program (Fellow).
- St Joseph's PS Trafalgar 1963-69. Trafalgar HS 1970-75. BEd 1980 (Rusden Teachers College). LLB 1986 (Monash University). Justice of the Peace.
- Family Dairy Farm. Part-time Retail and Hospitality work 1977-1985. Electorate Officer and Member of Ministerial Staff for Clyde Holding MHR 1985-89. ALP Official 1989-1994. ALP State Secretary and Campaign Director 1994-99.
- September 18th, 1999
- Committees Service
- LA Standing Orders Cttee 1999-2002. LC Standing Orders Cttee 2003-November 2010. Dispute Resolution Cttee 2007-November 2010.
- Parliamentary Party Positions
- Leader of Government, Legislative Council December 2002-December 2010
- Leader of the Labor Party (Legislative Council) and Leader of the Opposition (Legislative Council) since December 2010
- Shadow Minister for Agriculture and Food Security, Shadow Minister for Water, Shadow Minister for Resources and Shadow Minister for Commonwealth State Relations December 2010-19 December 2013
- Shadow Minister for Policy Coordination since 19 December 2013
- Parliamentary Service
- Elected MLA for Dandenong North September 1999
- Elected MLC for Waverley November 2002
- Elected MLC for Southern Metropolitan November 2006
- Re-elected November 2010
Last updated: June 27th, 2014