Ministers & Members Search - Hon Nicholas Kotsiras (Bulleen)
Hon Nicholas Kotsiras
- Liberal Party
- Party Positions
- Sec., Bundoora Branch 1990. Delegate, State Council 1991, 1993-96. Pres. 1991-92,1994-96, Northcote Branch. Member, Policy Assembly Cttee on Immigration & Ethnic Affairs 1993-96. Membership Officer, Heidelberg Branch 1998-99. Member, State Strategy Cttee 1998-99. Parliamentary Representative on Policy Assembly 2001-06.
- Minister for Multicultural Affairs and Citizenship December 2010-17 March 2014
- Minister for Energy and Resources 13 March 2013-17 March 2014
- Street Address
- Shop 30D, Bulleen Plaza, 101 Manningham Road, Bulleen, VIC 3105
- (03) 9850 7983
- (03) 9852 0059
- Legislative Assembly
- Hon Nicholas Kotsiras
- Born 13 March 1959, Married, three children.
- Birth Country
- Lions Club, State Parliament of Victoria
- Hon. Member Veneto Club.
- Collingwood HS; Thornbury HS. BSc (Education) 1981 (The University of Melbourne).
- Teacher, Coburg HS 1982-86, Merrilands HS 1989-1990. Deputy Principal 1986-88, Principal 1990-92, St Basile Grammar (Brunswick). Adviser, Multicultural Affairs, Premier of Victoria 1992-96. Adviser 1996-98, Chief of Staff 1998-99, Minister for Tertiary Education & Training.
- September 18th, 1999
- Committees Service
- Dep Chair, Education and Training Cttee 2003-November 2010. LA Standing Orders Cttee 2007-November 2010. House Cttee 2007-November 2010.
- Parliamentary Party Positions
- Convenor, LP/NP Multicultural Parliamentary Policy Cttee 1999-2000
- Opposition Parliamentary Secretary for Multicultural Affairs 2001-02
- Spokesperson for Technology and Innovation December 2002-May 2006
- Spokesperson for Youth July 2004-May 2006
- Spokesperson for Tourism February-May 2006
- Opposition Whip (Assembly) February 2006-November 2010
- Shadow Minister for Technology and Innovation, Shadow Minister for Youth, Shadow Minister for Multicultural Affairs and Citizenship May-December 2006
- Shadow Minister for Youth and Sport December 2006-August 2007
- Shadow Minister for Multicultural Affairs December 2006-February 2008
- Shadow Minister for Youth Affairs and Shadow Minister for Sport and Recreation August 2007-February 2008
- Shadow Minister for Multicultural Affairs and Citizenship and Shadow Minister for Innovation February 2008-December 2010
- Shadow Cabinet Secretary February 2008-November 2009
- Parliamentary Service
- Elected MLA for Bulleen September 1999
- Re-elected November 2002, November 2006, November 2010
- Acting Speaker March 2004-November 2010
Last updated: June 27th, 2014