Ministers & Members Search - Hon Gavin Jennings (South-Eastern Metropolitan)
Hon Gavin Jennings
- South-Eastern Metropolitan
- Special Minister of State
- Leader of the Government in the Legislative Council
- Australian Labor Party
- Legislative Council
- LC Procedure
- Street Address
- 517a Princes Highway, Noble Park, VIC 3174
- (03) 9548 5644
- (03) 9548 5634
- Street Address
- Level 1, 1 Treasury Place, East Melbourne, VIC 3002
- (03) 8392 5708
- Hon Gavin Wayne Jennings
- One child.
- Birth Country
- hanging out with his son, photography, films, theatre, innovation and design.
- Rail Tram and Bus Industry Union
- Essendon Football Club.
- Beaufort HS. BA 1978 (Monash). BSocW 1981 (Melb).
- Factory Worker. Actuarial Clerk. Actor. Social Worker. Policy Analyst. Industrial Officer. Ministerial Adviser to Hon. Kay Setches MLA 1988-90, Hon. John Cain MLA 1990, Hon. Joan Kirner MLA 1990-92. Industrial Officer, Public Transport Union, LHMU and ETU 1994-99.
- Parliamentary Service
- Elected MLC for Melbourne Province September 1999 (by-election)
- Re-elected November 2002
- Elected MLC for South-Eastern Metropolitan November 2006
- Re-elected November 2010, November 2014
- Cabinet Secretary 1999-02
- Minister for Aged Care December 2002-December 2006
- Minister for Aboriginal Affairs December 2002-August 2007
- Minister for Community Services December 2006-August 2007
- Minister for Environment and Climate Change and Minister for Innovation August 2007-December 2010
- Special Minister of State since December 2014
- Committees Service
- LC Standing Orders Cttee 1999-2002. LC Privileges Cttee December 1999-November 2010. LC Procedure Cttee since February 2015. Dispute Resolution Cttee May 2007-November 2010 and since April 2015.
- Parliamentary Party Positions
- Deputy Leader of the Government (Legislative Council) October 1999-December 2010
- Deputy Leader of the Labor Party and Deputy Leader of the Opposition (Council) December 2010-December 2014
- Shadow Minister for Health and Shadow Minister for Mental Health December 2010-December 2014
- Shadow Minister for Ambulance Services December 2013-December 2014
- Leader of the Government (Council) since December 2014
- Party Positions
- Delegate: State Conference 1985-99. National Conference 1998. Member: Victorian Administrative Cttee 1995-99, Campaign Cttee 1995-99 and 2010-14. National Executive 2000-02.
Last updated: May 9th, 2016