The sitting starts at 2.00 pm
The Council starts sitting at 12 noon and Government Business takes precedence today. Business likely to be debated is as follows:
(1) Drugs, Poisons and Controlled Substances Amendment Bill 2013;
(2) Energy Legislation Amendment (General) Bill 2013;
(3) Mineral Resources (Sustainable Development) Amendment Bill 2013;
(4) Education and Training Reform Amendment (Dual Sector Universities) Bill 2013;
(5) Owners Corporations Amendment Bill 2013; and
(6) Justice Legislation Amendment (Miscellaneous) Bill 2013.
There are no tours today as today is a sitting day.
Watch live coverage of parliamentary proceedings.
We now offer express tours as an alternative to a full public tour.
Express tours are conducted when Parliament is not sitting on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 1.00 pm and 4.00 pm. To check the sitting days, go...Read more: Public Tours
Searchable pdfs of all Victorian parliamentary papers are now available online. This is the first time that the 10,000+ documents are together online.
Documents back to 1851 are included.
The database will be useful for historical research, for following recent developments...Read more: New Parliamentary Papers Database
The Assembly sitting dates for 2014 are now available.
Download PDF version.
The Victorian Government has set the dates it intends the Assembly to sit in 2014. The Council sitting dates have...Read more: Sitting Dates for 2014
Hansard volumes for the 49th, 50th and 51st parliaments (April 1982 - August 1992) and the 52nd and 53rd Parliaments (October 1992 - August 1999) are now available for download in searchable pdf format. Indexes to each volume,...Read more: Hansard volumes now available
Sir George Sydenham Clarke, K.C.M.G., F.R.S. was sworn in as Governor of Victoria.