Environment and Natural Resources
The Environment and Natural Resources Committee is a joint investigatory committee of the Parliament of Victoria.
In the 58th Parliament, its members were appointed on 23 December 2014.
Site visit to Fiskville training facility
The Committee will visit the CFA's training facility at Fiskville on 4 March 2015 to conduct a site inspection for the Inquiry into the CFA Training College Fiskville.
For more information, contact the Committee staff.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS — Inquiry into the CFA Training College at Fiskville
The Committee encourages public involvement in its inquiries and invites written submissions from interested persons and organisations addressing the terms of reference. All submissions are treated as public documents unless confidentiality is requested and granted. Please indicate if you do wish your submission to be treated as confidential.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS 27 MARCH 2015.
The Committee is conducting an inquiry into the CFA training college at Fiskville for consideration, inquiry and completion of an interim report no later than 30 June 2015 and a final report no later than 1 December 2015 and, in particular, the inquiry will include, but not be limited to the following:
- a comprehensive historical study of pollution, contamination and unsafe activities at Fiskville between 1970 and the present day;
- a study of the health impacts on employees, residents and visitors between 1970 and the present day;
- a study of the role of past and present executive management at Fiskville;
- an assessment of the feasibility of decontamination/rectification of the training site; and
- recommendations as necessary to mitigate ongoing harm and to provide justice to victims and their families.
You can send submissions by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Environment and Natural Resources Committee
Parliament House, Spring Street
East Melbourne VIC 3002
Alternatively you can submit via the Inquiry's eSubmissions page.
For further information, contact the Committee Staff.
If you are interested in receiving updates on the progress of the Inquiry, e-mail email@example.com, and request Fiskville Inquiry updates.
|Inquiry into the CFA Training College at Fiskville|