Joint Investigatory Committees
Accountability and Oversight
The Accountability and Oversight Committee is a joint investigatory committee of the Parliament of Victoria. In the 58th Parliament, its members were appointed on 16 April 2015.
The committee has a number of functions, including:
- monitoring, reviewing and reporting to parliament on the performance of the Freedom of Information Commissioner
- examining the annual report, and any other reports, of the Freedom of Information Commissioner
- inquiring into freedom of information matters referred to the committee by Parliament
- monitoring, reviewing and reporting to parliament on the performance of the Ombudsman
- examination of any reports by the Ombudsman that are tabled in Parliament
- monitoring, reviewing and reporting to Parliament on the performance of the Victorian Inspectorate regarding Ombudsman officers.
|Inquiry into Education, Training and Communications Initiatives of Victorian Oversight Agencies|