Fiskville inquiry call for submissions
Friday, 30 January 2015 10:22
Submissions are now being sought for the parliamentary inquiry into the Country Fire Authority's training college at Fiskville.
"The Committee would like to hear from anyone who has been involved, affected or has knowledge of the operation and management of the CFA training college at Fiskville. We would like to invite you to make your submission publicly, or in private," said Bronwyn Halfpenny, MLA, Chair of the Victorian Parliament's Environment and Natural Resources Committee.
The inquiry will investigate the issues surrounding the Fiskville training college, including responding to the terms of reference:
- a comprehensive historical study of pollution, contamination and unsafe activities at Fiskville between 1970 and the present day;
- a study of the health impacts on employees, residents and visitors between 1970 and the present day;
- a study of the role of past and present executive management at Fiskville;
- an assessment of the feasibility of decontamination/rectification of the training site; and
- recommendations as necessary to mitigate ongoing harm and to provide justice to victims and their families.
An interim report is due by 30 June 2015, with a final report to be presented no later than 1 December 2015.
"This call for submissions is the first stage of the inquiry process and we will be conducting a range of public hearings to get the in-depth information we need," Bronwyn Halfpenny said.
Submissions are due by 27 March 2015. All submissions are treated as public documents unless confidentiality is requested and granted.
Submissions can be emailed to email@example.com or sent to: Executive Officer, Environment and Natural Resources Committee, Parliament House, Spring Street, East Melbourne VIC 3002. E-submissions can be made via: www.parliament.vic.gov.au/enrc
To get free news alerts on Victorian parliamentary committee inquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org
Parliament of Victoria News alerts