Inquiry into Heritage Tourism and Ecotourism in Victoria
Terms of Reference
Received from the Legislative Assembly on 28 August 2012
That, under s33 of the Parliamentary Committees Act 2003, an inquiry into matters relating to heritage tourism and ecotourism in Victoria be referred to the Environment and Natural Resources Committee for consideration and report no later than 31 May 2014, with particular reference to:
- examining the current scope of ecotourism and heritage tourism in Victoria, including the extent to which the current arrangements maximise the benefits to the local industry;
- examining best practice in ecotourism and heritage tourism;
- examining the potential for the development of ecotourism and heritage tourism in Victoria;
- determining the environmental and heritage issues associated with large scale tourism; and
- determining whether the local industry is sufficiently advanced to manage increased tourism and any obstacles to this.
*Note: the reporting date was extended to 29 August 2014 by resolution of the Legislative Assembly on Tuesday, 4 February 2014.