- Back to Committees
- 57th Parliament57th Parliament
- Drugs and Crime Prevention
- Economic Development and InfrastructureEconomic Development and Infrastructure
- Economic Development, Infrastructure and Outer Suburban/Interface Services
- Education and Training
- Environment and Natural Resources
- Law Reform
- Law Reform, Drugs and Crime Prevention
- Outer Suburban/Interface Services and Development
- Road Safety
- Rural and Regional
- 56th Parliament
- 54th Parliament
Inquiry into Improving Access to Victorian Public Sector Information and Data
Content and News
On 27 February 2008 the Committee received the Terms of Reference for the Inquiry into Improving Access to Victorian Public Sector Information and Data from the Legislative Assembly. The Terms of Reference required the Committee to examine a range of issues surrounding the application of open content and open source licensing to improve access to Victorian government information and data.
The Committee tabled the Final report of the Inquiry in the Parliament of Victoria on 24 June 2009. Copies of the report can also be requested from the Committee secretariat. The Government Response (PDF 177.40 Kb) was tabled in Parliament on 2 February 2010.
During the course of this Inquiry the Committee announced its call for submissions and released a discussion paper. A number of submissions were received, and are available for download from the submissions page. Public Hearings commenced on 12 August 2008 and were completed 27 November 2008. Transcripts from hearings are available on the Public Hearings page.
The Committee secretariat can be contacted for further information on the Committee's role and activities.